Get Out the Vote
On Wednesday, October 31st at the Madison County Democrats building at the Madison County Fairgrounds from 6:00 to 8:00 pm, join our candidates for Iowa Secretary of State and Auditor, Deidre DeJear and Rob Sand, in calling our fellow democrats to remind them of early voting deadlines, follow up on absentee ballot requests, and support our local candidates. Your help is wanted and needed! Calling might not be your favorite thing to do, but as uncomfortable as it might be, imagine the feeling of regret you may have a week from now if you don’t do everything you can to make a difference.
Fred Hubbell & Cindy Axne Meet & Greet
Gubernatorial candidate Fred Hubbell and Congressional candidate Cindy Axne will be at The Cellar in Winterset at 3:00 pm this Friday, November 2nd. If you have friends, family or acquaintances who have not yet had the opportunity to meet them, offer to take them out for coffee and conversation!
Absentee voting is available in the Madison County Auditor’s office at the courthouse on the following remaining days before the election:
- 8:00 am to 4:30 pm on Tuesday, October 30th, Wednesday, October 31st, and Thursday, November 1st
- 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on Friday November 2nd
- 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on Saturday, November 3rd
- 8:00 am to 5:00 pm on Monday, November 5th
Please contact the Auditor’s office with questions at 515.462.3914 or feel free to reach out to Heidi Burhans, County Auditor at email@example.com.
News from the Madison County Campaign Headquarters
A message from Pam Deichmann and Barb Pfeiffer:
It’s all “Hands on Deck” for volunteers the next week. We need your help! Sign up (and bring a fellow democrat) for a shift now… We have calls to make, poll watching to do, and walk lists to be walked. These are the final days to ensure democrats win up and down the ballot in Iowa!
But first we want you to know the Madison County Democratic Volunteers have been working hard the last three weeks. Volunteers have
- Door knocked voter packets across Winterset, Patterson, and Bevington rural routes
- Called on 10+ calling lists that attempt to touch voters in Winterset, St Charles, Earlham, Peru, and Truro
- Assisted local and state candidates to door knock doors in all communities in Madison
- Placed large and small candidate signs in all communities in Madison County
- Walked, door knocked and distributed over 100 packets of candidate literature in Earlham
- Walked, door knocked and distributed 20+ packets in Macksburg
- Staffing Democratic Headquarters Tues-Sun at the fairgrounds
- Done data entry in Vote Builder
But there is more to do… This week we plan to canvas St Charles with candidate information; make more calls and walk packets. Volunteer today. Stop or call any evening at the Democratic Headquarters to sign up for a 2 hour work shift (to phone bank or go canvassing).
Volunteer shifts are:
Saturday or Sunday or Monday November 3, 4 and 5rd
- Shifts 9am, 11am, 2pm, or 5pm
Tuesday Election Day phone bank (calls from poll watching results)
- Shifts 11am, 2pm , or 5 pm
Please share this information…and create a blue wave in Madison County.